Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Love Experience

               In my last post I alluded to having a Divine encounter. This encounter has provided me with a new way of perceiving everything. I’m becoming less of an individual, and more of a splash of paint on a Universal canvas. In laymen’s terms, I’m becoming a better person with each passing day, but laymen’s terms don’t accurately describe what I have been feeling and seeing. In this post, I am going to share a moment I had. This moment resulted from the Divine encounter. I won’t share the encounter specifically because I still don’t understand it. Anyway, this post is about Love, so if you want to hear about Love, then this is your place. Before going on, I want to share one of my personal truths: One cannot see God and not see Love, because Love is truly the gateway to any spiritual higher learning. God is Love and Love is God.
            Lately, I have been feeling “called” to be outside. Nothing too crazy. Just imagine the feeling of wanting a cigarette or a glass of water. I’ve had a thirst for being outdoors. Whenever I want a break at work, I step out the backdoor to admire what little greenery is still standing among the garbage and split grey-black asphalt. In the mornings, I walk across the street to the community park to experience the energy of life minutes before sunrise. Often times I meditate, stretch, and write. But, there have been plenty of times when I would simply sit and feel everything around me. While at home, I step outside periodically to soak up whatever is going on in that moment. I bet you’re wondering why I’m driving this “thirst” point so hard. Well, it’s crucial that you understand how I’m thirsting before I tell you what I am thirsting for. Those moments I spend outside are all driven by my desire to recreate an experience. That’s the rational Truth, and it is heavy. One experience was moving enough to create a new hobby. I never particularly liked being outside prior to the experience. I didn’t hate it. I just rarely thought about it, but as you have read; now it feels like a necessity. 
On Monday, I was cruising down a quiet road heading back to work. The weather was decent, so I had my windows down. I like to allow my left arm to hang casually out the window because the wind makes it feel free. Both the passenger window and the driver window are down so the wind can whipped in-and-out as it pleased. Inside, I had a song going, and I may as well have been auditioning for Broadway because I was into it. I can recall driving over some train tracks and turning left onto a semi-windy road. One vehicle was ahead of me on the road, and I remember admiring that the trip was peaceful because I had the roads to myself. Because of this, I looked up and noticed swirling clouds in the sky. They were fluffy to the point of grandeur, and they seemed to reflect every color option between grey and blue. One set of clouds was swirling one direction and another cloud swirled in an opposing direction. This motion allowed me to see the depth of the clouds, but I remember forcing myself to look down. All of this happened in a matter of seconds, but it was one of those moments in your mind that operate outside the laws of time. With my eyes back on the road, I approached a “T-intersection,” in which I was driving along the top of the “T.” As I drove past the perpendicular cars I realized that there were about 5 cars at the stop sign, and that I would not have the roads to myself for long. Once safely beyond the turning cars I glanced up towards the sky again. An air plane drifted across my sight as if it were saying, “hello.” I realized I was never alone. I became aware of the potential that the plane above me could be carrying over a hundred people. I became aware of the people on the road, and the fact that each of these people had lives, stories, and perspectives. I became aware of the swirling clouds once more, and I was hit with a wave of selfless pure Love. It was humbling. I realized how small I am, but also how big I am. I realized we were all here together, and always have been, together. I felt the love of life and the love of human. I felt grateful to be a part of it all, and I was able to appreciate all of Creation at once.
Why wouldn’t I want to re-create that? I want it at all times. I want to tell everyone I know because I want everyone to feel what I felt. But, I didn’t find it in the Bible or church. That part scared me at first. I realized that I didn’t have this experience from any conventional means. There are people everywhere searching for experiences just like this in religions across the globe, so I feel compelled to tell people The Truth. If any God were real, he, she, or them, would not create a system in which they could be so easily undermined by opposition. Basically, the fact that we have the choice to create religions shows the nature of God. What God would create something that has to create dogmas and rules just to get to him/her/them? If you believe that your God is not bigger than your religion than your view may be skewed. The concept of God concludes that God created us. Humans are born with will, so by nature God must be greater than human will, or possess equal amounts of will. In that experience I had, I realized that God truly is all of it and more of it.


I think this is a good place to stop. Next time I will go into detail about what I learned about the nature Love. 

1 comment: