Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Bible Glitch

            The Bible is without a doubt the most important book in the world. Be that as it may, it is also the severely flawed. Now before anyone gets upset, hear me out. I was raised a Southern Baptist. My family went to church twice on Sundays, once on Wednesdays, and sometimes on Fridays. I still read the Bible regularly. In fact, I write this essay out of Love for this sacred document. However, for the sake of Human salvation, it must be critiqued.
            What is the Bible? Simply put, it is the written testimony of Human interaction with God. This testimony is all from the Human perspective, but if we are still living why does The Bible end? Did God stop talking? Did we stop listening?  Or, perhaps we stopped writing. To a bible thumper this is trivial, but to an intellectual this flaw is freedom.
            If you do not believe The Bible has power in America then you are delusional. We want a Christian president. We want to defund Planned Parenthood. We get up in arms every day about something to do with The Bible. Think about the ongoing reaction to gay marriage. How many of our social issues are in fact biblical issues? The bible also permeates our law. Consider marriage laws and drug laws, or how about scientific practices and research? If you are American, The Bible has an effect on your life. Now think about our country. Think about our soldiers dying to defend this book. Think about the extremist that hate this book and kill because of that hate.  As you think about our country ask yourself if things are working. If the Bible is failing us, then God is failing us. But this isn’t the truth. God didn’t stop talking, and we didn’t stop listening either. Plenty of artists experience God and display it in their work every day. The Bible is living because we are living. It’s our testimony, and it always has been. We didn’t stop listening, we just stopped paying attention.
            There was a time when I wished I could have stopped trying to pay attention. I’ve spent my entire life looking for God. I stumbled from Christianity to Eastern Philosophy, and then to Mysticism. I studied Numerology, Astrology, Astral Projection, Alchemy, and healing. No matter where I looked, I could not find God. I knew I was missing something, but I had no idea what it was. I started out in a phase I think more people go through than care to admit: The Illuminati YouTube phase. If I can be frank, I witnessed my world crumble while looking for God. I joined the Air Force to be an Airman by day, and by night I was a hermit mystic walking down the dark road to enlightenment. The physical world rarely got anything genuine from me. I was an extreme introvert, and any emotion I did display burst out in passionate waves. I chased the secrets of God with so much zeal that I ignored my family and my wife at the time. Since I rarely called anyone from my family, they never called me. I hardly remained in touch with my high school friends and I didn’t bother to make genuine bonds in the military if I could help it. I have always been on the hunt. This year, I finally found what I was looking for.
            Between September 24th and 25th something amazing happened. On that Thursday, I felt strangely empowered. My mind was sharper and I began to understand principles that I had studied but never understood. By the next day, I felt like I had come through a gateway, 100% myself, and 100% spirit. I had finally understood a morsel of what I was desperately searching for and it feels amazing. That morning I wrote a poem about the experience, that I believe are the most powerful words I have ever written. I have seen a sliver of The Truth, and now my life has direction and purpose.
            Since my spiritual birthday, my life has been improving at a rapid rate. I called my ex-wife and apologized that I never gave her the opportunity to know me. I knew that I had wounded her heart with all the nights I spent in my journals or in my mind, while she hung out by herself away from her family. As we talked, we both became emotional and I felt something unlock in my chest. I knew her heart had been healed. Consequently, our relationship is healthier so we can be better co-parents. For me, this is a miracle. A lot of hatred has been extinguished, and all parties can move on. I had another miracle as well. I have a lot of siblings, but because I was adopted, I was raised with only one of my biological siblings. One would think we would be inseparable, but we have been fighting my entire adult life. Things got so bad that we stopped talking to each other. On Saturday morning, this changed. It was around 4:30AM when I sent her a text asking her if she was awake. She responded by saying she was just thinking about me, and that she misses me. I called her immediately. Two and half hours later, after tears and laughter, we were not only cordial, we were closer than we had ever been. I have had more experiences with others, but for the sake of their privacy I won’t say what happened.

            Realizing this flaw ended up being the key for my freedom, which is my salvation. Think hard about what you do and why do it. Think hard about the direction the human race is going, and try to think about what got us here. The Word is living and can be read if you want to see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment